CCU (Carbon Capture & Utilisation) Officer
CO2 Value Europe is recruiting a CCU Officer. This person will reinforce the technical expertise of the Secretariat to coordinate the development of a collective intelligence on CCU and the emergence of multi-stakeholder pilot/demo projects. He/she will work in close cooperation with CO2 Value Europe members and will participate to external outreach activities towards EU policy makers and other industry associations.
CO2 Value Europe is the industry-driven association dedicated to the Utilisation of CO2. Its mission is to promote the development and market deployment of sustainable industrial solutions that convert CO2 into valuable products such as fuels, chemicals or construction materials, in order to contribute to the net reduction of global CO2 emissions and to the replacement of fossil feedstock by renewable feedstock. It is the only association in Europe entirely dedicated to the subject, gathering more than 60 stakeholders from all the relevant sectors of the CO2 value chain: CO2 emitters from all significant process and energy intensive industries, providers of decarbonated energy, CO2 conversion technology providers, and users of CO2-based products.
CO2 Value Europe is committed to build up an integrated vision and action plan to develop CO2 Utilisation into a new industrial sector, to integrate the efforts of themany different players involved in the value chain and to become the ambassador of the CO2 Utilisation community towards policy makers and funders.To support its development, CO2 Value Europe is seeking to recruit a:
CCU (Carbon Capture & Utilisation) Officer
Summary: The CCU Officerplays a key role incoordinating the development within the association of a collective intelligence on CCU, building on the extensive expertise and experience which is available within member organisations. He/she is part ofasmallteam composing the permanent Secretariat of the Associationand reports directly to the Secretary General. He/she works in close cooperation with the various members of the Association, and participates to external outreach activities towards EU policy makers and other industry assocations.
- Coordinate the gathering and sharing of informationregarding Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) among members of the association: technologies, key stakeholders, economics, technological and non-technological barriers to development, etc.
- Provide CCU knowledge in support of internal thematic Working Groupscoordinated by the Secretariat, where members discuss technical/market/regulatory/policy/standardization issues relevant for the development of the CCU industry.
- As part of a project funded by the European Commissionto accelerate the development of CCU projects in Europe:
- Task Leader to coordinate the emergence and development of largescale multi-stakeholder demonstration projects, by organizing stakeholdersworkshops, matchmaking events and yearly callsfor projects;
- Task Leader for the communication and dissemination activitiesof the project (with the support of communication experts), supervising the design of the communication strategy (website, social media, conferences and external events) and the editorial content of the disseminated information.
- Contribute todrafting funding applicationsin the field of CCU, for the association itself or in support of some of its members, providinginput on projectdesign and content.
- Support the Secretary General in outreach and advocacy activitiesaimed at developing appropriate framework conditions to stimulate the development of the CCU industry in Europe (regulations, policy incentives, partnerships with related industry associations and innovation platforms, etc.)
- A university degree in Engineering or Scienceis a must. A complementary degree in business or management is a plus.
- Minimum 4years of professional experiencein a technical functionin a relevant field (e.g. process industry, energymanagement, climate mitigation, transport or construction sectors).Knowledge of CCUor related topicsis a plus.
- Strong interest for sustainability and energy transition issues.
- Experiencein management of multi-stakeholder projects at EU level. Experience in writing grant application is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with diverse stakeholders (industry, policy makers, researchers). Experience in community management is a plus.
- Perfectly fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French, German or another European language is a plus
- Experience with EU institutions and international industry associations is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, capacity to work in autonomy and to take initiatives.
- Capacity to learn fast and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Contract and location:
- The proposed contract if for a fixed duration of 3 years, with the possibility to convert to a permanent position after this period.
- The position is based in Brussels and entailssomebusiness travelwithin Europe. Flexibility in working time is required.
How to Apply?Please send your CV and motivation letter (mandatory) to email@example.com no later than12 March 2019 with the title “Application as CCU Officer”. You need to have the right to work in the EU in order to apply.
Source: CO2 Value Europe